Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trade With The Daily Dimwit: Alex Gordon Stars in "UD Masterpieces: The Most Beautiful of On-Card Graphs"

I completed my sixth trade with the great Sam of The Daily Dimwit. You can find the first here, the second here, the third here, the fourth here, and the fifth here. This latest deal was a simple and straightforward three cards for two cards trade. Sam has a distinct knack for pulling cards of guys I collect. First it was Russell Martin, and more recently it's been Long Beach State Dirtbags alum. But before I show off my latest LBC addition, the prize of the deal on my end was this absolutely stunning Alex Gordon 2007 Masterpieces Stroke of Genius RC on-card autograph.


This instantly becomes one of the two centerpieces of my small but growing (haha) Gordon collection. I've said it time and time again, but on-card can't be beat, and UD Masterpieces signatures are only rivaled and equaled by Ginter autos. The blue pen on the canvas just works; it pops, it's nails. When the color of the autograph matches the color of the team, life just seems to be smooth and pleasant.


The last of the two cards I received is the above Danny Espinosa Refractor RC swatch from 2011 Bowman Sterling. I should clarify: I think it's a refractor. It doesn't say so anywhere on the card, but I've seen these listed some places as refractors. Meh. It's my first hit of the former Long Beach Stater, and makes for a nice, new, and different addition to my Dirtbags PC.

Thanks as always for another fantastic trade Sam! I wasn't able to hit up the post office this past weekend, but your cards were packaged up days and days and days ago, and will most certainly go out before the weekend is over. My apologies, good sir.

1 comment:

  1. they're both cool cards.
    would love me some dodgers like that.

    ReplyDelete